lunes, 1 de diciembre de 2008

Making decisions


After at least four weeks under the weather, finally I've recovered my energy and I've stopped sneezing. I think I got all those colds not because of the freezing winter that we are enduring in London this year but because of the stress I had as I was in the process of making a decision with impact in my next 2 years. If sometimes It takes me ages to decide about what I'm going to buy, can you imagine how much I've been thinking about stuff that can affect my next 2 years? Now, the decision is made and I'll enroll on the EMBA of LBS in January. I hope such effort will be worth it. Everything started 10 years ago when I began to considerer the idea of complementing my technical background with business education, and that's how I am, a person that thinks about important things too much before stepping forward. So after 10 years, I've decided to leap: simply because inside I believed that this was the right moment and the right situation? (as I explained to the interviewers?)


I also thought about living abroad 15 years ago when I was in the University and I've done it with a "small" delay...again it might be because I've waited for the right time.? Or I should think also that I might be the kind of person that doesn't run any risk and as result makes things only when there is nothing to loose. I don't know really but I feel that you have to make important decisions when situations are really clear and matured. To be honest, I'm not unhappy about how things are tuning out so... I'll continue with my "methodology" or perhaps it might be rewarding to spend some time at Christmas in "El Espolon" (if the climate let me do it) why
It takes me so long to make decisions.
Anyway, philosofy apart, the point is that I've signed up to stay in London until July 2010 when I'll be 37 years old, almost 38...it sounds scary. Last Saturday I was celebrating my birthday and the truth is that I'm heading the 40s , the time is running fast, I still remember my years in Valladolid as something relatively closed in time ... it is a relief that still people tell me that I look like much younger. I'll keep drinking red wine :)


On the other hand, I've very proud of what I've done. Although my English is still quite bad, I've overcome all the tough tests of the School. I've demonstrated to myself that if I will, I can, and that thanks to London again, I've got back some dreams that I had hiden long time ago. What would it have happened if I had stayed in Madrid? Probably nothing. That's how life works, one time you make a decision that changes your life or you do nothing and nothing changes for good.


Without no difficulties, this time here keeps being the best time in my life? It might be ... or It will be even better. What is true is that here everything might happen and that's the best thing after all.

No hay comentarios: