lunes, 15 de diciembre de 2008

my remarkable neighboors




Last weeks have served to enjoy London again after the stress to get in the School. Some theatre evenings, several dinners and drinks hosted by friends from the office in most of the times, my cousins coming from Madrid to visit me, an excursion to Oxford, Christmas shopping, and tomorrow the Christmas dinner with my team that I'm not looking forward at all above all last decision from my manager of not supporting my MBA, but anyway, not everything can turn out well.
2009 is coming with a lot of new projects and changes, even it might be possible I'll move to another area and for sure I'll miss a lot of things from my neighborhood such as for example my neighboors. I'm not talking about the ones who live behind the doors that I see in the corridor every time I come out from my house, that I don't ever see which is a mistery, but about other much more remarkable ones. One is the ex prime minister, Mr Tony Blair! it was a surprise some weeks ago when I realized why I found every day two couple of police men almost in front of my house. My good friend Ris who is teaching me a lot of things about London told me, didn't you know? I can say now that my area must be quite safe.
The other (or others) is Mr.... ?? he or she doesn't have a known name because turns up and dissapears without saying anything. But the thing is that I've seen how true is that London is full of foxes. I've seen them several times in front of the window of my bedroom as it heads a lovely park which is normally completely empty. What was more superb was the fact that I run into one of these animals two weeks ago coming back from Soho at 1 in ther morning. Can you imagine walking down a street from Hyde Park to my house and seeing a fox running almost in the middle in the street? It was fantastic! every night, when I go to bed I come into my bedroom without turning on the light and look at the window with the hope of seeing the fox looking for food, scene that I've seen repeated several times during the last month, but since I brought my digital camera to the window, he is not showing up! I guess he or she doesn't want to become famous... but they have the same look as the one I've uploaded, just to give you an idea

No hay comentarios: